Thursday, June 6, 2013

I Also Paint My Nails A Lot

Hi! My name is Maria Vos, and I'm a fourth year student at SVSU. I'm a Secondary Education major with a focus in English literature.

This spring will mark my fourth semester at the Writing Center, and I've loved every minute of it. I especially like to tutor English 111, and I've played around with the idea of one day teaching a college composition course.

It is often difficult for me to find the motivation to begin writing a paper, but when I arrive at a topic that I'm excited about, I really have fun with the writing process. I especially like to write about interesting and strange literature topics that are specific and sometimes difficult to defend; I suppose I enjoy the challenge. I procrastinate the most on papers that I don't find particularly difficult!

I also like to write non-fiction, highlighting the beauty and complexity in ordinary things. In fact, I have a blog on the subject, but I'm too embarrassed to provide the link to it, because I haven't done a great job of updating it. :(

For fun I like to read, drink coffee, spend time outdoors, or volunteer. I also paint my nails a lot. 

I hope to see some of you in the Writing Center soon! Have a safe and exciting summer.


Maria Vos