Monday, February 13, 2017

Tutor of the Week: Josh Atkins

Our next Tutor of the Week is Josh Atkins, an English literature and creative writing major.
Josh Atkins

"Ever since I was a little kid, writing and reading have been my two primary passions – having the opportunity to make a career out of what I love to do is great! When I discovered that the Writing Center would help me apply what I love to do in real-time, I had to take advantage of the opportunity. There’s nothing more engaging about my days on campus than being able to have meaningful conversations about people’s ideas and figuring out ways to transfer those ideas onto paper. Working at the Writing Center has also allowed me to take advantage of so many great opportunities – traveling the country, teaching creative writing workshops, and making connections with our off-campus community.

"In my free time, which seems to be limited lately, I really enjoy listening to new music – lately, I’ve had the Menzingers’s and Run the Jewels’s new albums on solid rotation. My favorite bands include Blink-182 (who I’ve seen twice, with Tom), The Wonder Years (who I’ve seen once), and Metallica (who I have yet to see; at the rate they’re going, however, they’ll be around another 50 years. Aside from that, I really enjoy going out with friends on the weekends when I can – you may find me on Hamilton street I you’re lucky. "